Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Andrew Brandou


Like an illustration from Golden books gone wrong Andrew Brandou's paintings recall youthful nostalgia with a mixture of adult undertones. I had never heard of him before visiting the Cory Helford Gallery's website and seeing that he currently had works on display. I think I have kind of fallen in love. The rabbit theme definitely tugs on my heart strings, along with all the other subject matter, but one thing I really have to hand it to him for is the awesome rabbit and fox flower paintings. Like a scene straight out of Alice in Wonderland's "garden of live flowers" :

these pieces capture the imagination, and have a dark feel to them without it devouring the rest of the work. Absolutely love it and hope to see some of his work in person one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment