Saturday, October 10, 2009

Dead rising







As you can maybe tell I'm feeling more inspired by my other surroundings then fashion right now. I feel like the rest of the blog world has definitely had that covered the last few weeks but I do plan to put in my two cents worth sometime in the near future. These photos were taken at the LaBrea Tar Pits near my home. The museum is home to the world's largest collection of fossils. What a world it would have been to live in back then, where what is now the center of Los Angeles. I was especially taken by the dire wolf skull collection. Those little fuckers, being as bright as they were had a tendency to try to feed on the dying animals in the tar only to get themselves stuck instead, resulting in the massive amounts of remains! Their wall of skulls is phenomenal though. I'm actually considering volunteering there, hopefully in the excavation process, just because it looks like an amazing experience to be surrounded by these awesome bones on a regular basis!

No comments:

Post a Comment