Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hooded cloak



I'll be the first to admit, I have an unhealthy obsession with all things hooded. I dont even buy everything I become obsessed with, but there's always this fascination for me of being able to conceal myself with a hood. I think it all started because I walk and take the bus everywhere and have a tendency to accumulate an unhealthy amount of stalkers, and hiding myself with a hood has always made me feel more "protected" against elements like that. I think this Oak hoodie is especially beloved by me right now because it kind of reminded me of the hooded cloak the priest-vampire in Thirst (amazing movie, btw, as you can tell I love chan-wook park and this film does not disappoint!). Having a vampire in priest/monk clothing just seemed so right in this movie, created the perfect mood for the character. Seriously going to consider this Oak hoodie, cause I've acquired a new stalker on my route to work and maybe he wont recognize me if my face is completely shrouded!!!


1 comment:

  1. that's a rad hooded cloak! also, Hedi Slimane does seem to capture it all-i wish i could see how he sees sometimes.

    ReplyDelete